Friday, October 27, 2023
The Business of Events has revealed its distinguished lineup of speakers and contributors for the upcoming UK Policy Forum on 8th November at IET London: Savoy Place.
Notable participants include Senthil Gopinath, CEO of the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), Chris Gallon, CEO EMEA, Clarion Events, Laura Wilson, Head of Convention Bureau, VisitAberdeenshire, Stephanie Newton, Head of Business Tourism, Marketing Manchester, Ian Edwards, CEO, ICC Wales and The Celtic Collection, and Chris Skeith, Chair, UKEVENTS.
Along with Identity’s Michael Gietzen, BBC Newsnight Political Editor Nicholas Watt, major event producer Martin Green CBE, Theresa Villiers MP, Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Events, and event moderator Shonali Devereaux, this lineup is already impressive.
The UK Policy Forum, scheduled for 8th November 2023, is a key event during International Trade Week (6th – 10th November 2023), organized by the Department for Business & Trade. This forum aims to facilitate dialogue between government officials, political experts from various sectors, and the events industry. Its goal is to improve communication between the industry and Westminster and develop a comprehensive Policy Agenda for the sector.
The Forum will feature sessions on the value of tradeshows both in and out of the country, the potential of events to export creativity and “soft power,” and the significance of ambassador programs in promoting change and innovation.
The latest speakers to be confirmed are:
• Senthil Gopinath, CEO, ICCA
• Chris Gallon, CEO EMEA, Clarion
• Chris Skeith, Chair, UKEVENTS
• Stephanie Newton, Head of Business Tourism, Marketing Manchester
• Laura Wilson, Head of Convention Bureau, VisitAberdeenshire
• Rachael McGuickin, Director of Business Development, Sustainability and Transformation at Visit Belfast
• Ian Edwards, CEO, ICC Wales and The Celtic Collection The final speakers will be confirmed on 1st November.