Published on : Wednesday, November 6, 2013
CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, the specialist energy and resource services division of Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT), today announced that it has strengthened its global leadership team to support its rapidly expanding business which in 2012 experienced an annual growth of 22 percent.
Travel industry veteran Monisa Cline will join CWT on December 2 as senior vice president, CWT Energy Resources & Marine to lead this business globally. Cline will be based in Houston and will report to David Moran, executive vice president, Global Marketing & Enterprise Strategy. Cline most recently was vice president, sales and alliances for Hawaiian Airlines, and previously held the role of vice president of North America sales for Continental Airlines, where she had responsibility for both the North America and the Global Accounts teams, managing corporate and travel management company relationships.
Monisa’s global leadership team will include:
– John Vawter, who has been with CWT since 2007 and was recently named as vice president, CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, Americas. John has held several key roles in sales and program management for CWT across Europe and the United States. Prior to joining CWT, Vawter worked for TQ3 Travel Solutions, Sato Travel and TQ3Navigant.
– Tony Berry, joins CWT with significant travel industry experience including an impressive track record in this specialized sector; he takes ownership of EMEA as senior director, CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, EMEA.
– Dushyant Choudhary joins CWT Energy, Resources & Marine from APM Terminals on December 2. Choudhary will be based in Singapore and becomes senior director, CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, Asia-Pacific.
– Philippe Gryc was recently appointed director of global marketing and products for CWT Energy, Resources & Marine. Gryc joined CWT in 2005 and has held a variety of roles across multiple geographies including extensive experience with the CWT Partners Network.
– Olivier Giele, remains senior director, traveler services, a role he assumed in February 2012. Giele joined CWT Belgium in 1995, and has since held operational and strategic roles across the company. Olivier remains responsible for global service delivery and helping to map technology and services strategy moving forward.
CWT has the largest wholly-owned and partner network in the sector, providing the best possible coverage for customers. Working with the major mining, drilling and energy agencies around the world, handling travel for the world’s leading offshore drilling companies and the majority of the “supermajor” oil companies in the world. CWT recently strengthened its operations in Africa, a key emerging market for the sector, by signing partnership agreements with leading local business travel agencies in the Congo, Madagascar, Mozambique, Nigeria and Southern Sudan.
Commenting on the appointments, Moran said, “ CWT Energy, Resources & Marine is one of our fastest growing and most important market sectors, and we are truly delighted to be strengthening our team with the unrivalled experience that Monisa, John, Tony and Dushyant bring to our organization.”