Published on : Friday, June 13, 2014
Now approaching its fifth year of operation the leading center in China has built up a great schedule of recurrent events and attracts leading international meetings both regional and global in nature.
Key Events to date in 2014
· ISPO Beijing 2014 on 19 – 22 February with 29,683 visitors
· InfoComm China 2014 on 09 – 11 April 2014 with 20,738 visitors
· Global Mobile Internet Conference Beijing 2014 (GMIC Beijing 2014) on 05 – 06 May with 10,000 delegates
· 43th International Advertising Association’s World Congress (43th IAA World Congress) on 08 – 10 May with 1,600 delegates
· 2014 Federation of Asian Small Animal Veterinary Associations Congress (2014 FASAVA Congress) on 13 – 15 May with 1,200 delegates and 4,000 visitors
· CIFTIS 2014 on May 28 – 01 June (expecting over 138,000 visitors)
More about these events in first half of 2014
– ISPO BEIJING 2014 held on 19 – 22 February 2014. Messe Munich’s well established China joint venture sporting goods show, in its 10th year opened its doors to more visitors than ever recorded before, close to 30,000 industry professionals came to Beijing, a growth of 8% compared to 2013.
This success was matched by the increase in exhibitor attendance, with 637 brands (567 in 2013) in outdoor, action sports, ski and sport style from the 22 countries taking part.
Joining with Alpitec China, the ski resort design show, means the event now “offers a 360° coverage of the whole sports business.
And, therefore it is the ideal platform to get a wide range of information on all the latest product news from apparel and equipment to infrastructure at one time in one place.”
States Klaus Dittrich, Chairman and CEO Messe München GmbH
– InfoComm China 2014 held on 09 -11 April 2014, concluded another successful run at the China National Convention Center in Beijing. Attendance at the three-day show hit a new high, welcoming a total of 20,738 visitors from across the trade and industry, up 7% on 2013, with a notable increase in visitors from India, South Korea, Taiwan and Southeast Asia, attesting to the growing importance of the event in the Asia Pacific.
The concurrent Summit attendance registered an even more impressive increase – up 46%, or a total of 3,455 delegates over the three days.
The crowd filling all six of CNCC’s halls within the first hour of opening is testament to China’s huge opportunities.
“Visitors were delighted by the range of technologies displayed
. We are confident that InfoComm China will see continued expansion in the years ahead, especially in the light of new findings in InfoComm’s recently concluded 2014 AV Market Definition and Strategy Survey,” said Richard Tan, Executive Director of InfoCommAsia, the regional subsidiary of the largest professional AV trade show in the industry which holds its major event InfoComm annually in Las Vegas, USA
– GMIC Beijing 2014 held on 05 – 06 May. GMIC (Global Mobile Internet Conference) Beijing 2014’s theme of “Mobilizing the Next 5 Billion” will explore the coming massive global shifts.
Around 10,000 attendees from more than 50 countries gathered for two full days of learning, networking and unique business matching opportunities to create connections that will fuel the growth of this rapidly evolving market.
Global leaders and influencers, including some of China’s “new kids” like Xiaomi, convened to discuss how lifestyles are changing through the latest use of mobile technologies, including wearable devices, mobile Internet financing, payment solutions and mobile entertainment content.
GMIC Beijing also addressed how current market leaders are responding to an increasingly hyper connected global society, and how top innovators of today are becoming future leaders.
– 43th IAA World Congress held on 08 – 10 May 2014. Celebrating its 75th anniversary, IAA is the only global advertising association that represents all areas of the marketing communications industry.
Headquartered in New York the IAA World Congress is held approximately every two years and was last in Beijing in 2004.
There were over 1,600 attendees at the 2014 Congress who were marketers, advertising media, public relations agencies, as well as media, research firms and educators from over 40 countries.
IAA is a global platform for industry issues and best practices and the Congress theme was “INNOVATION & EVOLUTION”.
– 5th Federation of Asian Small Animal Veterinary Associations (FASAVA) Congress 2014 was held on 13 – 15 May. With the main theme of “Veterinaries & the People’s Livelihood” the Congress attracted 1,200 delegates and 4,000 visitors. During this period, nearly 50 experts and scholars from China and around the world gave 130 special lectures.
Topics covered small animal internal medicine, surgery, dermatology, imageology, cardiology disease with presentations on research, veterinary hospital management and animal industry development.
Developed from a regional grouping within the world counterpart organization (WASAVA) and run by an international Executive Committee with an office in Bundoora, Australia the 1st FASAVA meeting was held in conjunction with the WSAVA 2007 Congress in Sydney, Australia and the second Congress was in Bangkok, Thailand in 2009.
Future Congresses are confirmed for Kuala Lumpur in 2016 and Gold Coast, Australia in 2017.
– CIFTIS 2014 May 28 – 01 June the China Beijing International Fair for Trade in Services (CIFTIS) show runs for the 3rd time at the CNCC in Beijing.
Hosted by the Chinese Government under the Chinese Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM), together with the Beijing Municipal Government CIFTIS is set to be a key international trading ground for China.
There are 20 support units including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Administration of Customs, State Administration for Industry & Commerce, National Bureau of Statistics and State Administration of Foreign Exchange as the leading departments.
The 3rd CIFTIS has three sections including exhibitions & displays, professional forums and business exchanges.
The Forums cover four activities The Summit, a Public Day, the Signing Ceremony and the UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) a High-level Ministerial Workshop plus nine separate professional conferences.
The Business Exchange covers 120 separate promotions and announcements, discussions and interactive experiences, displays, negotiation and dialogue, business matching and theme national days with special events.
Following the government campaign of frugality and efficiency with simpler meetings the 3rd CIFTIS has re-designed and simplified the Opening Ceremony, uses recycled signage and road flags and aims to minimize the exhibit waste making CIFTIS an environmentally friendly fair.